Here is how you can check the joblog for the backup. This is useful if you get an error from the nightly that the backup didn't complete.
- From a command line type "WRKJOB BACKUP" and hit Enter
- This screen will display,
Option Job User Number Type -----Status----- System
_ BACKUP NIGHTLY 350721 BATCH OUTQ 12/14/09
_ BACKUP NIGHTLY 348988 BATCH OUTQ 12/13/09
_ BACKUP NIGHTLY 348680 BATCH OUTQ 12/12/09
_ BACKUP NIGHTLY 347902 BATCH OUTQ 12/11/09
- Select option "1" on the date in question:
- Enter a "4" on the command line to work with spooled files
- Select option "5" to display
- Enter a B in the Control field and hit enter to go to the bottom
- Page up to look for the error
Tip: In the find field you can also look for the last occance of "INZTAP" (there could be several). and start from there to look for an error.
Message . . . . : Volume on device TAP01 is write protected.
Cause . . . . . . : One of the following occurred: -- If the volume is a reel
NOTE: Possible issue is that there is a lock on an object or a data area (if suspect or find that it's a data area- search for "DTAARA"
Keywords - Article Backup Nightly