There may be reasons to control an agents actions on an account, whether it is in legal or various other reasons. There are several ways to do this using a Description Code.
For example: To keep Description Codes from being added or removed, either by a smart code or Manually. To options to control how Description Codes are added or removed can be found at the Description Code level (System Control-> Description code)
The fields to review are:
- Can not be added by user (Y)
- Can not be removed by user (Y)
- Do not duplicate on links (N)
- Do NOT remove if new code is to be added to account and all codes are used (Y)
In most cases if a user is blocked from trying to add or remove a description code they will receive a warning.
- You can also block a user from accessing an account though a Description Code using a special warning.
- You can control if an account can receive a payment
Please see the Description Codes for more details.
NOTE: Please see the help text for each option. You will find in some cases there are ways to setup a persons User ID to allow them to bypass this option and be able to apply or remove the Description Code.