How to transfer a file to the I-Series (AS400) from a PC
* Save the file in C:\ on your PC
* Then click the start button in the window screen
* Click run and type “cmd “ and click ok
* It will present you with a DOS screen.
* At the DOS Screen type “cd c:\” and hit enter. (C:\ is where you placed the file to be transferred).
* After that you have to type FTP and the IPAddress of the I-Series (ex:18.104.22.168) in the DOS box and hit “enter”.
Example: “C:\>ftp 22.214.171.124” and hit the enter key
You will be prompted for you I-Series (AS400) user name and password.Ex: User (126.96.36.199:(none)): JOHNS Enter password. Password: XXXXXXX
Note: IF THIS IS A PROGRAM CHANGE FROM QUANTRAX ONLY YOU MUST!: type “bin” and hit enter (This puts the FTP into “binary” Mode). If this is a text file or other type of file you do not want to type “bin”
* After that, you have to type location of the PC file and transfer location of I-Series as below and hit enter. You will be using the FTP “put” command to take the file from the C:\ location and transferring (copying) it to the new location that you will specify on the I-Series.
Ex: If you saved test.txt in C:\ (as instructed above) “ftp> put C:\test.txt SCDATA/testfile.testfile”
(You are typing “put” (space) “file location on the PC” (Space) “location (library) on the I-Series /Name you want the file to be on the I-Series” (enter) )
* Where SCDATA is the library and the testfile is file name in the I-Series. You can use whatever the file name instead of “testfile”.
NOTE: If this is a program change we will give instructions of where (library) to put the file using what name, i.e:“SCMOD/@@RCVF.@@RCVF so it will retrieve the code directly to the proper library.”
* After transferring the file, You have to type the quit command and enter from the DOS box
Keywords - Kbase File Kbase I-Series PC Windows command box